Lean Manufacturing is defined as "Creating excellence or even perfection in each and every aspect of the enterprise by Identification, Reduction and if possible Elimination of waste (Muda), on a continual basis".
Waste reduction leads to capacity enhancement thereby making organizations fit and flexible, ensuring high customer satisfaction in the dynamic market situations and varying demand.
TOTAL LEAN MANAGEMENT (TLM) is applied using:
(A) TLM MODEL embracing 5 LEAN PILLARS:
- TOTAL FLOW MANAGEMENT (TFM)
Focus on material and information flow
- TOTAL PRODUCTIVE MAINTENANCE (TPM)
Focus on equipment availability, performance and quality
- TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (TQM)
Focus on defect free manufacturing and services
- TOTAL SERVICE MANAGEMENT (TSM)
Focus on support functions and service sectors
- TOTAL HUMAN MANAGEMENT (THM)
Focus on people
(B) 9 STEPS FOR BUILIDNG WORLD CLASS ORGANISATIONS
- The 9 STEPS FOR WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING (WCM) begin from basic awareness and lead up to one piece flow, pull
- Each waste can be identified, reduced or eliminated by one or many Lean Pillars and tools
Lean manufacturing is a philosophy, a continual exercise; daily must routine, which organizations need to incorporate in their work culture.
Lean is a change of mind-set, which is top down in approach.
Though waste can never be zero, the opportunities propelling growth and profitability are huge.
ADDVALUE CONSULTING INC (AVCI) provides Lean Manufacturing Training, Consulting and Coaching using TLM Model and 9 Steps of Building World Class Organizations across the spectrum on manufacturing and service sectors.