Lean is a philosophy, a continual exercise in quest for excellence.
Customer satisfaction the key indicator drives the organization.
5 principles of Total Lean Management (TLM) define the roadmap for BUSINESS EXCELLENCE (BE) and OPERATIONS EXCELLENCE (OPEX)
5 Principles of TOTAL LEAN MANAGEMENT (TLM):
Identify Customer Value
- What is the customer is paying for?
- What is value addition for the customer?
Map the Value Stream
- Create a Value Stream Map
- Visualize Material and Information Flow
- Identify and reduce waste (Non Value Adding – NVA)
- Improve Value Adding Ratio (VAR)
- Synchronize Material and Information flow to generate CASH flow
- Create Spaghetti Diagram
- Ensure flow
- Reduce Through Put Time (TPT)
- Manufacture as per Demand
- Synchronize with demand rate - TAKT time
- Ensure minimum or zero WIP
- Establish Pull / Replenishment philosophy
- Build Lean models
- Continually identify, reduce, eliminate waste
- Continually reduce Through Put Time (TPT)
- Continually improve Value Adding Ratio (VAR)
- Continually improve Organization Standards
Execution, monitoring and sustenance of the 5 Pillars of TLM create efficiency and effectiveness in organizations. Organizations are able to meet the fierce and dynamic market challenges, remain competitive, ensuring growth and profitability on a sustained basis, defeating the adverse situations with ease.